Friday, February 29, 2008

SEO - More Good News

So today I used my Good Keywords v2.1 that I told you about way back when. I use it to check my links and my PR ranking on all my sites. The only option I wish this program had was to update all the sites at the same time. Maybe it does, but I don't see it if it does.

So back to where I was. I had been a bit disappointed that most of my new, from scratch sites weren't listed for a PR ranking yet.

Much to my surprise this morning ALL of my sites came back with a 1 or a 0 ranking. I'm certain this is because of the linking I've been working on, not to mention this blog! (never underestimate the power of the blog!)

So when I checked www.delightmenow.com and it finally had a PR I was happy. When I checked www.bouncingtatas.com and it had a PR I was happy. When I checked www.freemulah.com I was happy. When I checked www.bodyarttatoo.info and it had moved up I was thrilled. But then came my real surprise. www.bouncintatas.com (the one I JUST put online this weekend) already was ranked! www.tyneinc.com was already ranked! In less than a weeks time the 2 that I truly used SEO techniques for got ranked, where as it's taken 45 days for the others to get ranked. See the differnce between doing what is right and winging it?

Now what does that mean to me? It means that my websites at least look legitmate to those wanting to link to me. It also means on the one that hass moved up in ranking that I even have a little bit of clout. Not much yet, but give me time!

Now one of the things I have done is I've linke all the sites to each other. I know they are not related industries, but they are realated by ME! And apparently either Google sees that and says it is ok, or it does not matter as much as some taut it to be. I'll let you know as I can play with it more.

All for now, but I want to remind you it is important to START with where you want to end up, and then work your way backwards when it comes to programming a website!

Happy Surfing
-Dennis

No comments: