Monday, February 25, 2008

All about the links

So this weekend I got down to putting some of my favorite links together, very legitimately on a single website. Tyneinc has been my uncles and I name for about 15 years now, and we just have piddled around with this or that. But we have not gotten a pretty decent listing of websites and website services, so I finally decided to put a website for us together.

So this weekend http://www.tyneinc.com/ was born. Each page there has at least one link to my other websites that I have been writing about here. I have an Adult Websites page, a Website Design page, etc, all with links to my websites.

Now again, I built this from scratch, so in doing so I was able to use some great SEO techniques. You will notice my pages, other than my home page, are all named accordingly. search_engine_optimization.htm, web_management.htm, etc. These will help me score higher with Google and the likes as they find my webpage.

I have also used proper Titles, and in this case was able to use the H1, H2, and H3 tags, all scoring points with the search engines. See how it works when you plan ahead and know where you are going before you ever get there? All of these little things will make my site rank higher when it hits Google.

So then what did I do? I went to my http://www.bodyarttatoo.info/ and put a link to my site from there. Remember I already am getting scanned regularly on that site, so Google should pick it up within the week. If I had a higher rated page it could be in as little as 24-48 hours, but that will come in time. A week will work for now, and by Google 'finding' me, I'll again rank higher than if I submitted it.

So check out the new website, give me feedback if you would, and I will be writing you soon.

Happy Surfing
-Dennis

No comments: