Ok, I'm sure somewhere out there is an ebook that is really worth the money, but I've yet to find it!!! I have 2 of my websites that have ebooks attached, and honestly I wouldn't pay for either.
Both seemed ok at the time, and both are legitimate, but both are 'self-help' ebooks. I even considered opening up an ebook website, but haven't because of this problem.
Understand that you have certain levels copyrites to an eBook. On my www.bodyarttatoo.info I have full master level rights to the ebook. This means if I want to sell the rights to that book to another resaler I can do that.
The second, www.freemulah.com I have only resale rights. Means I can sell the ebook to an ebook to an end user, but I can transfer those rights to another resaler.
Generally you pay less for the resale rights than the master rights for a book.
Now my problem is that if you look up ebooks in your search engine, 99% of them are self-help books. How to is the topic of every ebook out there it seems. Heck it looks like many have taken blogs like this and turned them into an ebook for resale.
So if you are looking at an ebook website, I'd suggest you make sure it has a flow on it, or that you are really ready to work to make it happen, because you're going to be one of a million trying to sell that book.
Now on one of my sites I also put the Google AdSense, that has made me more money that the book. So if you are using your book to get attention, then I'd say that's ok, but don't count on millions by selling your book.
All for now, happy surfing
-Dennis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment