Monday, March 24, 2008

Adding more sites

So if Google likes sites, and linking, then the more sites you have, the happier it should be. I just finished our 5 site, www.wantthatass.com today. I say 5th site, it's our 5th adult site that link together. The problem is we'll never have 1000 like many of the big boys. So how are we going to compete?

The key is we'll pick lesser keywords and aim for them. I know we won't hit words like porn, sex, or something similar at this point, but there are plenty of long tailed keywords that still get 50k hits a year. It's not as good as the 10m a month of some of the other words, but if I can get 50k hits a year, that relates to over 100 (I see about a 400:1 ratio) sales a month at $35 minimum. We'll take the extra $3500 per site per month. Works for me.

How do you get those keywords? I use Good Keywords V2.01. Pull up some of the bigger words and it will tell you a list of other words that you might use and how many hits that it gets a month from Overture.com.

Check out the new sites, and remember, shoot big, but sometimes not shooting for the top first is the way to get to the top.

-Happy Surfing
Dennis

No comments: